Quality & Clinical Excellence
Rockdale Medical Center was Awarded High Grades for Quality!
Rockdale Medical Center achieved “Honor Roll” status with the Georgia Hospital Association for the Hospital Quality Index score, which is awarded by the Partnership for Health and Accountability (PHA) in conjunction with the Georgia Hospital Association. This award focuses on Best Practices that govern patient care in the state of Georgia. It concentrates on Core Measure process compliance as it relates to Acute Myocardial Infarctions, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care. This statewide database also includes Patient Safety data as well as outcomes related to Length of Stay, Re-Admission rates and Mortality. This allows consumers to determine for themselves how Hospitals perform in Clinical Practice. This is the second year in a row that Rockdale Medical Center has reached the ‘Honor Roll” in meeting Georgia Benchmarks. We are very proud of our consistent achievement as it reflects an organizational team effort to remain a Best Practice Hospital.
Please visit the Georgia Hospital Association website at www.gha.org
and click on the icon on the top right section of the page in order to access the PHA Link. From there you can compare hospital scores within the state of Georgia and see what a great job your community hospital is doing.
We also participate in the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Health Care Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey. HCAHPS is the first nationally standardized inpatient survey whose primary goal is to complement existing survey instruments and to improve the quality of care throughout the nation’s hospitals. The HCAHPS survey is designed to compare data on the patient's perspective of care and present meaningful comparisons between hospitals. This public reporting will provide you with quality of care information and help you make informed decisions about your healthcare.
Rockdale Medical Center maintains accreditation, certification, membership, and associations with the following:
- The Joint Commission for both the Hospital and the Home Health Department
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons, American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American College of Radiology
- Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA)
- Georgia Department of Human Resources (GDHF), formerly GA Dept. of Office of Regulatory Services (ORS)
- Food and Drug Association (FDA)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- Georgia Hospital Association Research and Education Foundation, Inc. (GHAREF)
- Georgia Hospital Association (GHA)
- Partnership for Healthcare Accountability with Georgia Hospital Association (PHA)
- East Metro Health Services (Rockdale County Health Department)