Rockdale Medical Center protects a patient’s ability to designate who may visit and the patient's right to an explanation of any visit restrictions.
Visitors restrictions may include, but are not limited to:
- Any court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment
- Behavior disruptive to the function of the patient care unit
- Reasonable limitations on the number of visitors at any one time
- Patient’s risk of infection by the visitor
- Visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
- Extraordinary protections because of a pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation
- Patient’s need for privacy or rest
General Visitation: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Need for private rest by another patient in the patient’s shared room
Special units may have designated hours.
Due to the necessary requirements to maintain the safety and security of the newborns in the hospital, certain guidelines are implemented in The Birth Place.
The Birth Place Visitation: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
(Please check with your nurse for NICU visitor guidelines and hours.)
The Birth Place is closed daily from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. to visitors (other than the one designated support person) to allow our new mothers to rest. No visitors other than the one designated support person will be admitted to the Mother/Baby unit after 9 p.m.